South Williamsport

Latest News

Stay Updated: Recent Happenings and Updates

South Responds to Audible Alarm Due to Candle Smoke

Share:

SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, PA — Last night, units from the South Williamsport Fire Department were dispatched following reports of an audible alarm in the borough. Upon arrival, firefighters made entry into the home through a second-floor window, where they encountered excessive smoke.

The source of the smoke was identified as a candle. Crews promptly vented the home to clear the smoke and then secured the premises to prevent any further issues.

This incident serves as a reminder of the potential hazards of unattended candles. Residents are urged to ensure candles are extinguished when not in the room and to maintain working smoke alarms to detect and alert to any fire-related emergencies.