South Williamsport

Latest News

Stay Updated: Recent Happenings and Updates

A Quick Response Prevents a Major Incident

Share:

South’s fire crew had just returned from a small but potentially dangerous fire inside an apartment building. The fire was contained to the object of origin, thanks to the quick thinking of a resident and the alert from smoke detectors. Ventilation was necessary for the residence, and maintenance is now fixing the problem.

The incident started with a malfunctioning water heater. Fortunately, the smoke detectors sounded the alarm, alerting the occupants to the emergency. One resident acted swiftly, making quick decisions that helped contain the fire to the water heater.

This event serves as a critical reminder of the importance of smoke detectors. Make sure to check your smoke detectors monthly and change the batteries every three to six months. Regular maintenance can make all the difference in preventing a small fire from becoming a major disaster.